The Lay of Leithian continued

The Lay of Leithian is the finest work of JRR Tolkien, but was unfortunately left unfinished when he died. The poem as it existed at that time was published in 1985 in History of Middle-Earth III: The Lays of Beleriand. Its unfinished nature has been plaguing me for years, and I've decided to write an ending. Please leave comments and suggest improvements as you see them.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Well, here's the end at long last. I hope you like it. If you were reading before, I've also fixed some minor typos, mainly formatting errors resulting from the transfer of text from a Word document. If I've missed any please let me know.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice blog, please come check out my
pearl and designer jewelry site. Whether you are looking for saltwater cultured pearls or other beautiful jewelry items, you can find them here.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Spencer said...

Hi Geoff,
Stumbled on this the other day and am looking forward to having a chance to sit down and read it.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey...

Wow, man, you have the whole thing. It looks beautiful. Praises be for your hard work and all. :) I <3 JRR Tolkein. And Luthien & Beren is a largely unknown classic... (bad word choice, but that's the idea)

5:48 PM  
Blogger conquerer of fate said...

what do i click on to see/ read it?

4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey man cant see it @!!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the text still available? I'm clearly way late to the game, but it drives me crazy that there's no conclusion to that rollercoaster of a lay. You'd think the Tolkien children would at least have hired someone, or even a team, to try to form some satisfactory ending for readers.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home